Find What You're Looking for Here:

Friday, January 4, 2013

Veiled

So since I had my dress, the next step was the veil.  Here is a picture of my dress with the matching veil!

It's hard to tell, but the beading on the veil matches the details in the dress.  So of course, I definitely want it! Before committing though, I wanted to get an idea on cost.  Yesterday I called up the Alfred Angelo store that I had visited before (read about that disaster here).  Though they had screwed up before, I figured that they really wasn't anyway to mess up with this.  All they had to do was go onto the computer and give me a price.  

After being put on hold for almost minutes, the sales woman came back on the line  to tell me that they didn't sell that veil.  I explained that I was sure they sold it because I had tried it on there before (that picture above was taken there).  She apparently had typed in the wrong number.

Take 2.  And so I was put on hold for at least another 5 minutes.  After getting back on the line, the sales woman told me they sometimes sell that veil but they don't right now, so she can't give me a price.  I told her I wanted to buy it but I needed to know the price first.  She then put me on hold again.  Finally, she told me that the probably cost about $150 dollars, but she wasn't sure.  She said to call back tomorrow to confirm.

Fast forward to today.  I called back to Alfred Angelo and asked again for the price of veil.  After being put on hold again for a while, a new saleswoman got back to me.  She then told me that they couldn't tell me the price of the veil over the phone - it was company policy.  I then explained that I had just called yesterday and was given a price, but I just wanted to confirm it.   She responded only by saying, "well its a fairly new policy.  Is there anything else that I can help you with then?"  As politely as I possibly could at this point,  I said no thanks and that was that.  



2 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds absolutely frustrating. How can brides budget anything when you get uncooperative salespeople? I got really lucky with my veil- my mom is making it (maybe with some of her old dress.) You can buy veils on PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com- maybe they'll have what you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very frustrating. I'm so glad that I bought my dress on preownedweddingdresses.com so that way I don't have to deal with them. Also, I actually have a friend who lives 10 minutes from one of their stores and she went in and got a price. It's only $150, so I think I'm going to buy it even though that means dealing with them again.

    ReplyDelete