Find What You're Looking for Here:

Friday, January 4, 2013

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


I am getting married at Franklin Plaza in Troy, NY this September.  I am trying to figure out hair and make-up for myself and my bridesmaids.  My bridesmaids will be paying for their own hair and make-up.  I asked if they wanted to get one or both done and they all agreed that they wanted to get everything done together on-site and make it a girls morning.  

So, we have two options:

#1 One of my bridesmaids cousin and step-mother are hair stylists and offered to do our hair on-site for $35-$45 per person. 

#2 Find a salon to have come to our hotel.  
- Timeless Up- dos:  Charges $65 per bridesmaid and $90 for the bride. This is $30 more per bridesmaid and $45 more (twice the price for me).  
- Shapes and Colors quoted $75 per person (cheaper for me than the first salon, but more expensive for the bridesmaids).

At first, I thought it would take longer to have my bridemaids step-mother and cousin to do everyones hair with just two of them, but then I found out that it takes about the same amount of time to have it done by people coming in from a salon.

Pricewise, the choice is an obvious one.  However, I have one concern with option #1.  As far as make-up and hair goes am do I need a professional for the day of - someone with experience specifically in bridal hair/make-up?

Anyone with any experience at all I would greatly appreciate your help.  Also if you are specifically from the Troy/Albany area do you have any salon recommendations?  I know of Rumors, Make Me Fabulous, etc., but I don't think I can justify spending that much money on hair and make-up for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment