Find What You're Looking for Here:

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action

So way back when my fiance and I first started wedding planning, we both agreed that we didn't need a videographer.  In our opinions, it was just a waste of money.  Fast forward 8 months down the road, I have decided that we NEED video of our big day.  Thanks to all of the articles that I have read on wedding videography and the many sappy videos that I have seen on Pinterest (like the ones here) I want to know that we have the option to go back and relive the excitement of the big day (even if we only do it once).

When browsing the sites of local videographers, I couldn't believe the prices that I was seeing - they were even higher than I had expected.  As a last resort, I turned to Craigslist.  From my search I found  a videographer that was willing to do just the raw footage of the big day.  I checked out his site and watched some of his videos - not bad at all either.

Though we haven't made it official, he will most likely be filming our wedding.  We will get 8 hours of raw footage for only $450!!!

Our plan is to take the raw footage and edit it ourselves.  I have edited a few videos in the past for school, so I have some experience and a program to use for it.  We are actually looking forward to getting to do it ourselves, since you can make it look exactly how you want.  I love the chance to be creative and personalize our video, and my fiance loves any chance to do something different than everyone else.  The worse that can happen is that it turns our completely awful and then, if we thinks its worth the money, we can take it to someone and pay to have it edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment