Find What You're Looking for Here:

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Team Bridesmaids

So my bridesmaids are spread out all over the Northeast.  My Maid of Honor  and my two sisters (bridesmaids) are in Maryland with each of them being at least 2 hours away from one another.  Another bridesmaid is in Nantucket and the other is in Connecticut.  And, as you know, I am here in Michigan.  With this in mind, I wanted to find a way for all of us to easily communicate and work on plans.  I decided on making a Team Bridemaids website, which turned out to be the perfect solution.  Between using the website and a shared board between all of us on Pinterest we have all been able to work together even though we are so far apart.

If you are interested I used the Google sites to make the webpage.  I included a link to our Pinterest board, a link to Google Hangout for when we have our "get-togethers", and links to a few helpful sites.  Here is a screen shot of the site.  I included information about the big day, a page of our engagement pics, a calendar with important events, a little bit about each bridesmaid (including how I met them, my favorite memory of them and a picture of the two of us), a message board section, and the story and pics of our proposal.  And all the over to the right I have the countdown to the big day!

My ladies all really liked the Meet the Team section.  I thought it was a nice way to show them how much I appreciate them and make them feel like they really are an important part of my big day.  Also, the message boards have been extremely useful, even more than I could have imagined.  It has been a great way for us to bounce ideas off each other and make decisions. 

If you have any questions about making your own site please feel free to ask. And in case you were wondering, Google Sites is completely free to use and you can make your site private.  Only the people that I specifically invite to the website (i.e. my bridesmaids) can see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment