Find What You're Looking for Here:

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bend and Snap (Bridesmaids Keep Out)

I FINALLY finished the hangers for my bridesmaids dresses and I'm BEYOND happy with how they turned out.

Here's what I used:

  • 12 Gauge Hanger Wire (100ft. roll), bought at Home Depot for $5.99

  • Wooden Hangers (6 pack), bought at Home Depot for $6.99
  • Ribbon (extra that I had from invitations, but you can pick up a roll from any craft store)
  • Pair of Wire Cutters and Pliers
  • Drill
  • Hot glue gun
1.  Cut 6 ft. of wire per name.  
2.  Leaving about 6 inches on the end, start to create their name. (You can print out their names in a nice font and try to follow it, but I found that free-styling worked much better for me.)
3.  If your hangers have a pant bar like mine did, you'll need to remove those.  I found that if you just pulled on it firmly the bars came right out.  
4.  Drill (or have fiance drill) holes for the wire to be inserted into.  The holes that we drilled were basically right where the holes for the pant bar were.  
5.  Center the name on the hanger and cut off the extra wire, leaving some extra to insert into the holes.
6.  Put a blog of hot glue in one hole and insert the end of the wire, pushing firmly.
7.  Repeat for the other end of the wire in the other hole.
8.  Decorate however you'd like.  I made little bows from ribbon with tacky glue and then attached them to the hangers with hot glue.

Here's the finished product (6 hangers for $12.98) (I left mine off since it's Mrs. "_______").  












No comments:

Post a Comment