Find What You're Looking for Here:

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Alterations: Round 1

       Yesterday I went in for Round 1 of dress alterations.  First things first, after about 20 minutes in the dress I was SWEATING.  It was ridiculously hot in that thing.  I think I'm going to get an air conditioner unit installed.  On a more serious note, if you're worried about being warm on the big day I read a tip about putting a fan under your table to blow up the dress while you're eating to keep you somewhat cool.  I thought it sounded ridiculous, but now I'm seriously considering.

      Secondly, I won't be able to have the cups sewn in and will have to wear a bra, which means I need to go find a really awesome, strapless, push-up bra.  I also still have to find my flats that I will change into at some point in the night.  She wants to hold off on determining the length of the dress until I actually have both pairs of shoes.  Basically, it's time for another shopping trip.

     Finally, it costs a decent amount of money to have someone hack away at your dress!   I am having the length shortened, the corset top taken in a little, and a bustle put in and it's going to cost $220.  Anyway, I suppose I should get out and get shopping.  I need to get my bra and shoes and schedule another appointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment