Find What You're Looking for Here:

Friday, May 24, 2013

The Search for Outer Envelopes

A while ago I discovered that I needed outer envelopes for my Vistaprint invitations.  Since then, I have been searching for great deals on envelopes.

First, if you are using Vistaprint invitations and their envelopes as inner envelopes, then you need a size A8 envelope for your outer envelope.

Here is the breakdown of sizes:
Vista Print Invitations:  5" x 7" (actually 4.61" x 7.17")
Vista Print Envelopes:  4.75" x 7.50" (slightly bigger than invitation - perfect for inner envelope)
A8 Envelopes:  5.50" x 8.125" (next size up from inner envelopes - perfect for outer envelopes)

First things first, you CANNOT find A8 envelopes anywhere in stores.  The closest thing that you will find in stores are A9 envelopes (5.75" x 8.75").  And stores only sell them in white.  In my opinion, these envelopes are just too big.

Just in case you are interested in the A9 envelopes here is what I have found.  Craft stores don't sell them (I checked A.C. Moore, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby).  You can find the A9 envelopes at office supply stores.  I found them at Office Max ($16.99/100ct.) and Staples ($13.99/100ct.)

Returning to the search for A8 envelopes - your only option is to buy them online.  I still haven't ordered, but here are my top three sites..

1) envelopesexpress.com:  This is my current favorite.  Sample are completely free (including shipping).  This is the only site that I have found with this offer.  They also have a large variety of colors.
Cost:  $42.30/100ct + $0 shipping = $42.30

2) envelopemall.com:  Samples cost $1.50 per envelope with free shipping.  However, shipping on a regular order is not free.  Also, they have a more limited color selection unless you go with metallic envelopes (these are NOT good for shipping, they confuse the machines a the post office).
Cost:  $21.95/100ct +$10.01 shipping = $31.95

3)  jampaper.com:  Samples are free plus $3.25 shipping.  They have a large variety of colors.  Also, when I signed up for the email, I got a coupon for 15% off my first purchase.
Cost:  $28/100ct + $13.09 shipping = $44.74




No comments:

Post a Comment