Find What You're Looking for Here:

Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's Official

We are engaged! My boyfriend fiancé proposed yesterday at Binder Park Zoo.

Our engagement story: We had planned a trip to the zoo for that Saturday. That morning we also decided that we were going to eat dinner at the Henderson Castle here in Kalamazoo. I had been wanting to do both for a while, so I was more than excited. On the drive there I actually said, "This is the perfect day! I think the only thing that could make it any better would be chocolate." Well, needles to say, Dave had something even better than chocolate in mind.

After visiting some of the animals, we went to do my favorite thing at the zoo - feed the giraffes. Once we fed the giraffes, we went and grabbed some food for ourselves. Then, we went to feed the giraffes a second time before leaving the African Safari visit. On our way back from the giraffes, I stopped in one of the observation huts to look at the zebras. While I was looking at the zebras, I noticed another animal, but wasn't sure what it was and pointed it out to Dave. When I turned around to make sure that he was looking, he had something in his hand. He opened the box and got down on one knee and asked the question - "Will you marry me?"

I immediately responded, “Yes, yes, yes.” According to Dave I followed that response with “Yes a thousand times,” though I don’t remember that. After getting picture together in our engagement hut, we grabbed ice-cream. I immediately decided that I wanted to get a pressed penny with a giraffe on it to commemorate the event, but, of course, we didn't have a penny. We ended up having to get change for a nickel! After getting our penny and finishing up our tour of the zoo, we stopped by the gift shop. I got a t-shirt and a lucky miniature giraffe.

We ended the day by having a fantastic dinner at Henderson Castle.  Of course, desert was a dark chocolate mousse - it was the only thing that could have made the day any better.  :-)




So what's your story ladies?  Feel free to share below, I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. What a great story, that sounds like a wonderful day too!

    My FH loves giraffes as well, so that probably would have been a perfect day for him.

    Haha, maybe you could get a Giraffe cake topper to commemorate it on your wedding day?
    Like this one!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/82201479/giraffe-cute-cake-topper-for-a-wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire that cake topper is TOO freaking cute! I LOVE it!! What's you're engagement story? I love hearing them.

    ReplyDelete