Find What You're Looking for Here:

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wedding Binder Revamp

So forever ago I made a Wedding Binder - one of my first achievements on the road to wedding planning!  Along the way I found myself modifying my binder a lot, so I just wanted to update you on the new and improved version.

First, here are tabs that my binder has:

  • Calendar
  • Guest List
  • Registry
  • Budget
  • Decorations
  • Stationary
  • Rehearsal Dinner
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Flowers
  • DJ/Music
  • Photographer
  • Cake
  • Guest Accommodations
  • Gifts
  • Bride
  • Bridesmaids
  • Groom 
  • Groomsman
  • Honeymoon
Each of these categories was given a divider that I made by placing a piece of white cardstock into a clear page protector.  Then I added a 3" tab with the category wrote on it to the sheet protector.  (If you're confused check out more details here.)

Originally, I also had subcategories, but I found that those actually made things more difficult.  So, I got rid of them completely and just had those main categories that you see above.  

Then, I found what worked best was just putting a few page protectors behind each divider to add things as I went along.  That way I didn't have to worry about hole punching or pages ripping.  

Also, I did NOT use the majority of the print outs.  I found that many of them were outdated or just didn't work for me.  Looking back it was a huge waste of time and paper printing them all out and then putting the reinforcers around the hole punches.  :-(

For that reason, I created a new post of printables worth the paper and ink you'll use to print them.    Check them out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment